2024 favourites | part 1

 2024 favourites | part 1


Can you believe we're halfway through the year already? It's gone so fast! Instead of doing all my 2024 favourites at the end of the year, I thought I'd do part 1 now, which is my favourites from the first 6 months. 


Grüum

I did write a blogpost all about Grüum here, however there are some favourites I've been loving from Grüum. The face oil has been one of my favourites and leaves my face feeling soft, refreshed and so smooth. This has been a firm favourite and I've ditched my The Ordinary face oil for this one as I find this works so much better. Another favourite is the sleep mist. I've been spraying this on my pillow every night before I have to get up for work which is when I get the most anxious and unable to sleep. The sleep mist is packed with ingredients that calm you.


Estrid 

Again, I wrote a post about Estrid here, but I just had to mention it in my favourites post. I'll never go back to a disposable razors where I would end up accidentally cutting myself and they'd go blunt so much quicker. The Estrid razor has just made shaving a better experience for me and I really recommend this razor. 



Minky pads

I just love the Minky brand in general, but I've recently tried their bathroom and kitchen pads. I picked these up from Morrisons because they were on sale. These are both antibacterial pads and wow they're so good. They're both dual sided and I like that I can just pop these in the washing machine. 


Smashbox Photo Finish Control Primer

A parent at work got us staff in the baby room makeup as a thank you, which was so lovely of them. I was so excited about this Smashbox Photo Finish Control Primer. I needed a new primer as my The Ordinary one was running low and I will repurchase it eventually, but for now I'm enjoying this primer. It leaves my face feeling smooth before putting on my makeup, it's a great base and makes my makeup go on so nicely. I am thinking about doing a separate blogpost about this at some point. 


LUSH Snow Fairy body cream

For Christmas, my brother got me a LUSH Snow Fairy box, which came with a shower gel, a bubble bar, bath bomb and body cream. The shower gel is my all time favourite, the bath bomb was so pretty, I loved the bubble bar and the body cream is amazing. At Christmas time I will be repurchasing this. The Snow Fairy is my favourite scent ever and this body cream is perfect. It leaves my skin feeling so soft, the scent stays for ages and a little goes a long way. I'll be so sad when it finishes and I'm trying to drag it out so I don't have to wait too long until Christmas.


Ikea garden furniture

Now it's spring and almost summer, we bought some garden furniture. We weren't looking to spend a lot of money, so we took to the Ikea website. I ideally wanted something foldable, so I found the Ikea Tärnö table and 2 chairs for £50, which I thought was really good. They do a bigger set and they also sell the chairs separately incase you want to add more. They're amazing quality and look so nice on our decking, although our decking needs a good clean. We can just fold it up and pop it in our shed when not in use and it's so easy to put up and dismantle again. 


The Body Shop lip butter - shea butter

For Christmas, one of my key babies at work got me some stuff from The Body Shop, one of which being a Shea Lip Butter. I hadn't used a lip butter from The Body Shop in goodness knows how long and I had forgotten how good they are. It leaves my skin feeling moisturised for ages, it's not greasy and it smells so good!


Scrub Daddy Damp Duster

I love the Scrub Daddy brand in general, I have the Scrub Daddy and Mommy sponges and they're my go-to sponges, however when I saw the damp duster all over Instagram, I needed it and of course I needed it in pink. My mum picked this up for me in B&M and I was so excited. You know you're an adult when you get excited about sponges. Anyway, this sponge is hard so you run it under the tap to make it soft, like the Spunj sponges (also a firm favourite of mine) and the rigid parts pick up the dust but it doesn't fall everywhere. It doesn't push the dust off surfaces, it stays on the sponge and then you simply rinse it off under the tap and it comes straight off. Once you've finished with it, it'll dry up and then you can do it all over again when you next use it. It's a great sponge and I've recommended it to a lot of people. 


Babyliss Rose Blush 235 Straighteners

After my old straighteners syringed some of my hair last year, I was sceptical on using them again, so I just binned them. I'd had them since 2016, so they'd lasted a good 8 years. At the beginning of the year I decided I wanted to straighten my hair again, so I went on a hunt and came across the Babyliss Rose Blush 235 Hair Straighteners that had good reviews. Of course, they're pink. These straighteners are really good and make straightening my hair quick and easy to do. I do want to write a post on this, so I'm not going to go into too much detail, but I love them. 


Games

I've been loving a couple of PS5 games this year so far.

- House Flipper 2

- F1 2023


Books

I started reading books for the first in about 9 years again and I am really enjoying it. So far, I've read 3 which I think is pretty good for me as I didn't think I'd have the attention span to read 1 as quickly as I did, let alone 3. So far I've only read Colleen Hoover books, but I have a different variety on my list of books to read. So far I've read:

- It Ends With Us
- It Starts With Us
- All Your Perfects

TV shows

I'm normally the kinda girl that rewatches my comfort shows like Modern Family, Gossip Girl, Friends and My Wife and Kids, however this year I've expanded and started to watching new shows people have recommended me and some on a whim. I usually binge shows, so I fly through shows. These shows are:

- Workin Moms
- Firefly Lane
- One Of Us Is Lying
- Baby Reindeer
- Dead To Me
- Ginny and Georgia
- Good Girls


What have you been loving so far this year? 


Instagram




Comments

  1. I loved reading about your favourites from 2024! I've been using my Estrid razor for years and I still love using mine!

    Lucy Mary

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm loving your mid-year favorites Em! The Smashbox primer sounds amazing, I might need to try it! xx

    Lenne | lennezulkiflly.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It's so good, I really recommend!xx

      Delete
  3. Ooo lots of great items here. That face oil sounds really good I have one that I use every few days as if I use it everyday I break out. What lovely lawn furniture.The books/series looks like great summer reads!

    Allie of
    www.allienyc.com

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts