The ladder shelf

 The ladder shelf


I've wanted a ladder shelf for such a long time and we've finally got one! I was searching and searching to find the perfect one, when I came across this one from Debenhams. It was on sale for £43.99 from £72.99, so we got a good bargain. 


I picked the 5 tier one and I'm so glad I did because it fills up more of an empty space on the wall than the 4 tier would've done. I was determined to build the ladder myself as I've never built a piece of furniture by myself before, so I was very proud of myself that I did it. 


I recently went to The Range and bought some things to put on the shelf 1, 3 and 4. So here's my ladder shelf tour.



Shelf 1

On shelf 1, I've put my books on here. Alongside those I've put this Velvet Blush Cement Candle. I can't decide whether to keep this here as I do want a book end eventually, but I just need to find one I like. To the left I've put this Wheat Grass in Ribbed Bottle and I absolutely love it. 



Shelf 2

On shelf 2 I have a few different things and a couple of rabbit decor. Unfortunately my rabbit Flopsy passed away and this ladder shelf is where her cage was, so I've put a couple of things on this shelf dedicated to her. I've put my rabbit on the left here because it looked like Flopsy and next to that I've put a little glass jar of her fur that I'd actually put in there a week before she passed, when I was giving her a pamper and brushing her fur. Besides that I've put another rabbit ornament. I've put a succulent plant to the right and in front of that I've put my two lucky Cornish piskies. 



Shelf 3

On shelf 3 I just have this wooden knot from The Range and I love it. Also, to honour Flopsy I've framed a picture of her and I in this photo frame


Shelf 4

On shelf 4, I've framed a picture of Martin and I in the same frame as shelf 3. To the back I've got this Ceramic Vase that I need to find something to put in it as it looks a bit boring at the moment. To the right I've got this Speckled Heart Ornament, which I think is so cute. 


Shelf 5

On the bottom shelf, I've put some of our cookbooks, our photo album, my Mrs Hinch Life in Lists book and my Lovendu Yearly Life Planners. Alongside that I have my matches in a jar. 


And that's our ladder shelf. I didn't want to cram too much on. In the corner next to the ladder shelf I've put our Ikea table and some blankets/throws in with my tray, candle and vase, which were also from The Range. I'm really liking The Range at the moment. They've got some great home stuff in and it's all so inexpensive. 





Comments

  1. I love how you have styled your ladder shelf! I love the rabbit decor and how it's dedicated to your pet rabbit x

    Lucy Mary

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooo what a great ladder shelf. And the sale was excellent almost half off. I love how you styled it. It looks great in your home.

    Allie of
    www.allienyc.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. You should feel so proud of yourself for building your bookshelf! I've always been a lover of building things myself, but since I've started dating my boyfriend, he's actually been the one who's done most of the building! Yours came out so good:) xx

    Melina | www.melinaelisa.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your ladder shelf looks absolutely stunning Em! I love how you've styled each tier with such thoughtful touches, especially the tribute to Flopsy :') The mix of decor pieces you've chosen really adds a cozy and personal feel! xx

    Lenne | lennezulkiflly.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is such a cute shelf! love how you styled it! xx

    Danielle’s Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a lovely blog you have! I´m your newest follower! :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts