My top 10 current makeup products

 

My top 10 current makeup products


Over the years, my time wearing makeup has become less and less due to me wanting to give my face a break from makeup and less time in the mornings. I've started playing around with my makeup a lot more recently, so I've rounded up my top 10 favourites. I've not written a makeup post or photographed makeup in a looooong time, so I'm very excited about this. I'm going to link as much as I can, but I feel like a few of these are discontinued.




First up is the Colourpop x Becky G 'Mija' Satin Liquid Lipstick. I'm obsessed with this colour, it's a beautiful rosy nude. It's very long lasting and pigmented and really, you only need one coat of it and you're good to go. It dries very quickly and once it's on, it wont budge for hours! The applicator is small which helps give a precise application. 


The Too Faced Love Light 'Blinded By The Light' Prismatic Highlighter, is quite possibly one of my favourites. It's a beautiful silver and so pigmented and pretty. I love applying this above my contour and blusher, on my nose, inner corner of my eyes and on my brow bone. It's a soft and creamy highlighter that lasts all day. 




The Revolution Brow Gel is one of those products I bought on a whim, wasn't sure I was going to like, but ended up loving. It's a great brow gel with a small wand, which helps applying that much easier. Sometimes I use this product over a brow pencil, however it's actually a really good product by itself. 


MUA's Eye Define Felt Liner has been my go-to eyeliner for YEARS. I cannot rave about this eyeliner enough. It's cheap, it's very pigmented, has a long thin brush which gives precise results, it doesn't smudge and it lasts all day on. 



One of my favourite eyeshadow palettes to this day, is the Revolution x Soph Extra Spice palette. It's my go-to palette and definitely most used at the moment. I can make A LOT of different looks with this palette as it has a wide range of colours, so I tend to pick this one up first. Theres 18 shades, which contains 6 shimmers and 12 mattes. Each shade is buttery, pigmented and soft, easy to apply, easy to blend and long lasting. 


I've tried a lot of primers in my years of wearing makeup, but one I repurchase is The Ordinary primer and I love it. It's a silicone based primer and not only does it feel super moisturising, but it's a great base for my makeup. It's thick but a little goes a long way. 



My absolute favourite lashes are the Ardell Demi Wispies lashes. I've repurchased these SO many times, but they're just so pretty, easy to apply, long lasting and you can reuse them. 


I haven't found my holy grail mascara yet, but one I'm enjoying using at the moment is Rimmel London's Day 2 Night Mascara. I used to use this mascara when I was younger, then when Rimmel turned cruelty-free, this was the first one I purchased from Rimmel in years and well, I've just kept repurchasing it. I like that it's got the 2 different length of wands in one. It claims it's waterproof, however I've cried while wearing it and I wouldn't say it's 100% waterproof. I haven't found a mascara that holds a curl once I've curled my lashes, but this definitely gives my lashes length. 



Colourpop x Becky G 'Chisme' Highlighter is another highlighter I love. It's a loose highlighter and it's a lot more glittery than my other highlighters, so sometimes I like to apply it over my highlighter I'm wearing, or sometimes I like to wear it just by itself. It's a pretty champagne gold, it's long lasting and easy to apply. 

 

Lastly, is Kylie Jenner's 'Candy K' lipgloss. Candy K is such a beautiful shade, it's long lasting and you only need one coat. The lipgloss is not sticky and I love the way it looks. 


Have you used any of these products? Whats your current favourite products?




Instagram



Comments

  1. I love the look of the Revolution eyeshadow palette, I love the shades in it! x

    Lucy Mary

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally feel you on taking a makeup break! But diving back into it feels like rediscovering old favorites and finding new gems! That Colourpop liquid lipstick sounds so dreamy—I'm all about those effortless rosy nudes. And I'm loving those eyeshadow shades too! xx

    Lenne | lennezulkiflly.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It does feel like rediscovering old favourites! xx

      Delete
  3. The Too Faced Love Light Highlighter is so pretty! I love the packaging! You photos are very nice with the plant in the background :)

    https://makeupisdelish.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a really pretty highlighter, it's a shame they discontinued it I believe! Thank you so much :)

      Delete
  4. The highlighter looks so pretty! Highlighters are some of my favourite makeup products in general, I think I have far too many! :D

    Btw I started following you now, hope you stop by my blog as well! <3


    http://www.couture-case.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that eyeshadow pallet! I have it, but haven't picked it up in a while. I hit pan on one of the shades, and now you've inspired me to pick that pallet back up. Great post :) xx

    Melina | Melina Elisa Blog

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts